If you didn’t already know, today is a big day. Why? Because it’s my 18th birthday!! I also share a birthday with America so *yay*. I thought, to celebrate this big milestone into adulthood, that I would write a post of 18 things I’ve learned during my 18 years on this earth. I’ve seen some other bloggers doing this and I thought that it would be a great thing to do for when I turn 18 so here I am 😀
1) Don’t be scared to be yourself. If people don’t like you for you, they aren’t worthy of your time and energy.
2) Set limits for yourself. You know that you can’t do everything. Better to do less and excel than to do more and fall behind.
3) Catch yourself before you start procrastinating too much. It’s good to take breaks but it’s also important to get stuff done.
4) Self-love and self-confidence are important for your health and to be successful you need to love yourself (as BTS says) and have confidence in your abilities.
5) Remember that the people around you chose to be there for you. Don’t push them away when they try to help.
6) Keep in contact with old friends. Even if you know you have nothing in common anymore, send them a text to let them know that you wish the best for them and that they always have you to talk to if they need somebody.
7) You can be the person that comforts and listens to others but don’t forget that they can be that person too.
8) Never push back your creativity and call it lackluster. Never talk down to yourself and tell yourself that your work is bad or useless. It’s good, you are good at stuff!
9) Listen when people give you compliments. The chances are, they’re right. Absorb them and cherish them. If someone says you’re good, you must be!
10) Don’t let fear get in your way. That will only keep you from the best things in life.
11) Talk to others. Voice your opinions. Share your thoughts. Let them know how you feel. You know what when you do this you feel better so just do it!
12) Life is short. Live it smiling. It’s okay to smile. Just because someone else might not be happy doesn’t mean you can’t be happy enough for the both of you.
13) Shine the light on everybody you meet. You never know if you will change somebody’s day by being nice and cheerful.
14) Focus on your school for the right reasons. Make sure you aren’t burying yourself in work because you want to avoid other aspects of life.
15) Appreciate the people in your life now. You never know when they won’t be there anymore and you’ll regret not having cherished them when you could have.
16) Strive to be the best version of yourself you can be. There is always room for improvement so instead of looking at the bad sides, embrace your good sides and make the bad sides good.
17) Don’t forget to show your thankfulness to those around you. They deserve to know how much you love and appreciate them.
18) Be somebody that your parents and you can be proud of ❤
Wow I got deep there o.O But anyway yeah… I guess these are more like reminders than what I learned? But also, I find myself doing the things mentioned and I know that I am slowly learning from my mistakes.
Now onto the next part of this post! I haven’t *officially* reached 1,000 followers according to WordPress but if you include email followers, I have 1,008 followers! In the spirit of this, I’m hosting a Q&A. I wish I was hosting a giveaway but maybe for my next milestone.
I accept question from all of my social medias. You can submit your questions through this blog post in the comments, send them to me on Twitter, Instagram, or my email firstname.lastname@example.org! I’ll be accepting questions for two weeks, probably, or until I have a fair amount to fill up a post so send them my way 🙂
I would like to thank every last one of you whether you’ve been here from the beginning or just started following me recently. I appreciate you more than I could ever express. I can’t wait to spend even more birthdays with y’all.
What are some things you’ve learned over the years as you get older? Let me know!