I am so very excited to write this post. I participated in this award nominating last year (and actually won an award with Debbie and Lia for the Best Friend Ever award!!) and immediately wanted to write my post including my nominations because this was a lot of fun to do last year and I’ve found so many new amazing bloggers since then!
I’ve also already been nominated by the wonderful Jenna for best Teen blogger! So go over to her blog and give her some love! I was also honorably mentioned in May‘s post and just?? What an honor to be mentioned by the mango queen. I’m still in awe.
Oh! And before I forget, Joce @ Write Through The Night is the wonderful blogger hosting this award! Click on her name to be redirected to her blog post explaining the rules for this award so that you can participate. The 30th of this month is the last day you can submit your nominations so act quickly!
i feel like this goes without saying, but i want to mention it anyway: there are so many blogs out there that i follow and read and there is a very narrow amount of people i can actually nominate so i won’t be able to nominate everyone i would like to. just because you aren’t nominated doesn’t mean i don’t love you and your blog!
- Best Pre-Teen/Teen Book Blogger (13-19) // Julianna @ Paper Blots – she is a teen blogger who I adore so much. I’m always anticipating her posts and love every single one she writes.
- Best Adult Book Blogger (20+) // The selection of adult bloggers isn’t as wide so it’s easier to choose bloggers to nominate – I nominate Darque Dreamer Reads – she is amazing and has great reviews, Swetlana @ The Caffeinated Bookworm – I love her posts on bullet journals and she posts quite frequently so it’s nice to have a blogger to rely on posting often 🙂 and Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books – I love everything about her and her blog so I can’t really say anything specific here?? Just love reading her posts and interacting with her.
- Best Book Blogger from an Underrepresented/Minority Group // Fadwa @ Word Wonders – Let me just say that this girl deserves the world. She’s a Neurodivergent queer brown Muslim girl who writes amazing reviews and is honestly so sweet. I also nominate Aila @ One Way Or An Author – she is a Chinese-American, Aromantic Bisexual blogger who I absolutely adore.
Best Genre Blogs:
- Young Adult // I mean, this could be basically every blogger I follow, but I think I’m gonna have to go with the blog Happy Indulgence – Jeann, Jenna, and Aila all work so hard and I admire their friendship so much.
- Middle Grade or Younger // As the only blog I follow that focuses more on Middle Grade, I have to give Jenna @ Falling Letters this nomination – her love for Middle Grade (and Middle Earth hehe) has me wanting to delve into the genre more.
The Best of Book Blogging:
- Best Book Reviews // Destiny @ Howling Libraries – her reviews are very well-written and she posts content warnings which I think is super important and very helpful!
- The Master of Weekly Features (top 5 wednesday, waiting on wednesday, top 10 tuesday, etc) // I nominated her last year and she’s still going strong with the weekly features so I’ll nominate Flavia @ Flavia the Bibliophile again! I still don’t understand how she does so many weekly features.
- Best Book Recommendations // I get amazing rec’s from everyone, but I’d have to give this nomination to Lia @ Lost in a Story – I trust her judgement even if Illuminae was a disappointment xD.
- Best Discussion Posts // Mikaela @ The Well-Thumbed Reader – it’s no secret that she’s the queen of discussion posts. She always says exactly what I’ve been thinking but forms it into coherent words that actually make sense. Lu @ It’s Lu Again – since I only started following her roughly a month or so ago I haven’t read a lot of her posts but I absolutely love her discussions!
The Other Stuff:
- Most Engaged in the Community // Definitely Cait @ Paper Fury – because do I need any more explanation? She’s definitely one of the most popular but she also somehow makes times to respond to all comments and even comment on other blogs.
- Blog Aesthetic // Twirling Pages – this blog consists of multiple bloggers so I’ll just nominate this blog for this category instead of three. I love the aesthetic of this blog so much!! The first thing I thought of when I saw the blog was HOW DO I GET THIS AMAZING AESTHETIC??
- Best personality / friendliest member of the community // ilsa @ A Whisper of Ink and May @ Forever and Everly – I mean, don’t you all agree?? ilsa (not capitalizing your name because you don’t capitalize it – you’re a special bean) and May are both so SWEET (like ice cream and mangoes – respectively) and their personalities are both just?? so?? amazing?? Read one blog post from each of their blogs and you immediately fall in love with their personalities.
**also can we talk about how i mentioned may twice?? i’m such may trash
Haha yes – I’m leaving out the ‘Most Importantly’ section because 1) I can’t seem to find any new blogs (from July 2017-now) which is honestly so bad so rec me some if you know any and 2) I can’t choose a favorite overall blog. Not gonna happen.
Did I mention any of your favorite bloggers? Do you have any favorites you’d like me to check out?