**i really should have made my graphics look winter-y like this *sigh* maybe next winter
Today’s post is more of one of those fun pointless posts that I decided to put together since it’s more about finding book covers and putting them in the post rather than writing up stuff (yup, i’m just in the lazy mood deal with it)
It’s still technically winter so I decided that I’d put together a list of my favorite winter-looking book covers for you guys to fawn over. I’m a bit obsessed with snow and winter so I’m looking forward to this hehe!
tiger’s curse | the raven king | between shades of gray | whichwood
- I love the tiger’s face (I find tigers to be very beautiful creatures), and the misty-fog at the bottom. The designs on the top corners pull the entire cover together perfectly. This would definitely catch my attention in a bookstore.
- This is one of my all-time favorite covers. The birds flying around the patronus-looking figure shows chaos and unrest – a perfect reflection of the book’s contents.
- SO SIMPLE BUT SO BEAUTIFUL. That’s all I’ve got to say.
- I really wasn’t sure what to make of this cover the first time I saw it mainly because it looked so busy, but I’ve warmed up to it over time and I love how there’s a POC on the cover!
shiver | the lies of locke lamora | spindle fire | untamed
- Another Stiefvater book. I can’t help it, I love all of her book covers, they’re wonderful in displaying the whimsy in her books.
- This book is on my TBR. I just love the purple/white color contrast. I find it simplistic but eye-catching.
- The cover’s sharp white graphics attracted me at first. The dark color surrounding the white gives me a dark winter night vibe.
- Although I don’t think I’ll end up finishing this series any time soon – and I usually don’t like faces on books I read – I love the whimsical artwork on the front of this series and the way Untamed was designed made me immediately think WINTER AND SNOW!!
the paper magician | restore me | wintersong | american panda
- I LOVE THIS COVER. I haven’t heard absolutely stellar things about this book but I’d honestly purchase it just to have it on my shelf looking pretty.
- Eyes are usually creepy always staring at you and such, but I love the covers for the Shatter Me books and the upcoming installment in the series has such a wonderful white shade. That mixed in with the green has me sold.
- Winter is literally in the title! I believe this is a Beauty and the Beast retelling of sorts so the rose in the orb surrounded by glittery stuff that looks like snow.
- HOT CHOCOLATE AND WHAT LOOKS LIKE SNOW IN THE BACKGROUND. PLUS THE DUMPLINGS (idk how that’s winter but i love dumplings, okay??)
also, this book comes out at the end of the week and i’m low-key freaking out
I hope y’all loved this post! Are you a fan of winter-y book covers? What are some of your favorites I listed, or some that I didn’t list? Let me know!