I’ve seen loads of bloggers doing this tag recently, as it’s nearing the end of the year (just shy of 10 days as I’m typing up this post!!) so I thought that it was a good time to start, y’know, acknowledging that 2017 is almost over. I kinda just hope 2018 goes better.
So here’s a tag where I just talk about… books from this year and books next year I guess. I’m not sure who created this tag, but I give credit to whomever it was.
Are there any books you started this year and need to finish?
I’VE BEEN READING THESE TWO BOOKS FOR SO LONG YOU HAVE NO IDEA. Not that they’re not good, but they’re both books where you need to really be in the mood for them in order to sit down and read them. And I don’t get in that mood often.
Do you have any autumnal book to transition to the end of the year?
Um… is this a thing that people usually have?? Should I have one?? Nah, I’ll just read whatever.
Is there a new release you’re still waiting for?
ALMOST EVERY 2017 RELEASE! But here’s a list:
What are three books you want to read before the end of the year?
At the time I’m writing this post, I’d like to hopefully finish these three books:
Is there a book you think could still shock you and become your FAVORITE??
Maybe A Taxonomy of Love. I’m about 50 pages into it and I’m really enjoying it so far. I feel like it has the potential to become a new favorite of mine.
Have you already made reading plans for 2018?
This leads me to the second half of this post…
Goals/Resolutions from 2017:
- Read 40 books. Done! I’ve read 41 books this year so far 🙂
- Wake Up on Time by Myself. Hahaha. Next one.
- Get a Thousand Followers on my Blog. That unfortunately didn’t happen but that was kinda a stretch anyway. 650 is a good number.
- Get driving license. That didn’t happen either. But I will be waiting until I turn 18 in July to get my license so I won’t have to go through the pain of driving school for teens. The adult ones are much quicker and since I’m already nearly 18, this will be easier.
- Complete the Travelling the Pages Reading Challenge. I completely gave up on this like a month into 2017.
Goals/Resolutions for 2018:
- Read 50 books. This year my reading goal was to read 40 books and I surpassed that, so I think I should easily be able to read 50 books.
- Finish Draft of Novel. I’ve never actually finished writing a draft of a book before so it would be really awesome if I could do that in 2018.
- Focus on Physical Health. I’m somebody that likes to be fit and active but sometimes it’s hard to stick to a routine. I did pretty good at the beginning and end of the year but I slacked off in the middle months. In 2018 I’d like to be consistent with my workouts and do a broad range of different things besides just running.
- Learn Korean. I
kind ofstarted. I have three language apps for Korean and if I keep a schedule where I take 30 or so minutes out of my daily schedule to practice, I’ll be on-track to not having to use subtitles anymore! Ah, that’s the dream!
- Take Better Care of My Skin. This includes putting on lotion at least every other day, washing my face consistently, etc. I started putting on lotion once a week this year and finally by the end of the year I’ve been able to accomplish that. I’ve also been washing my face every night before bed for the past month 😀
- Graduate High School. This is a maybe since I never know what will happen. This year was a whirlwind of things happening and getting in the way of me doing my schoolwork so hopefully I’ll be able to finish 11th and 12th grade in 2018!!
- Get Driver’s License. For reasons, I wasn’t able to get my license in 2017 but 2018 is my year for driving! I will do it!
I could add loads more resolutions
because there is so much to improve about myself but I’ll just leave it there. Self-Care and finally getting my license/graduating high school are my top priorities for next year.
I don’t really have any resolutions as far as the blog goes because it’s steadily growing and I don’t want to rush things (plus 650 followers is amazing!!) so I’m happy with how my blog is at the moment and I’m still learning new things about blogging every day.
Memorable Things That Happened in 2017:
- I started focusing on reading/writing diversely. This has changed the way I look at everyday things and I’m so fortunate to have the book community here to teach me things about diversity.
- Sold My House and Moved. This was very recent, but just about a week ago our house closed and my family moved to Florida!
- I Started Watching K-Dramas and Listening to K-Pop. Now I can’t even imagine life without them to be honest! I’m so happy that I now have K-Dramas and K-Pop in my life
even if my family isn’t so happy about it.
- Trump Became President, Hurricanes Wrecked Havoc, Wildfires Threatened to Burn Down California, Every Celebrity is Apparently a Rapist, etc. etc. That basically sums up 2017 for ya. What a year it has been.
What books do you want to read before the end of the year? What was the most memorable thing that has happened to you this year? Let me know!