I was tagged to do this tag by Kat @ Life and Other Disasters. So thank you for tagging me! This tag was a bit on the confusing side but I
hope think that I did it correctly.
Also, I’m sorry about not posting anything yesterday. I was going to post this tag, but I didn’t finish writing it in time so here it is now 🙂 Enjoy!
- Create your own new post and call it “Tag: This-Is-My-Truth-Now” and be sure to include in your tags the words — without quotes — “ThisIsMyTruthNow Tag”
- Include these rules when you copy/paste to your own post.
- Be sure to thank the person that tagged you and include their responses at the bottom of your post, so someone can get to know them too. Tell everyone something interesting about the person who tagged you.
- Include a link to my original post mentioning this blog so we can see how many people choose to play along. Link to cut/paste is: ThisIsMyTruthNow
- Choose 12 bloggers to tag and include a link to their latest post, so others can check them out and meet new people.
- Answer all 12 questions in The Challenge Questions section, but replace the 12th question with your own new one around telling the truth or revealing something interesting about yourself — you can leave the existing if you can’t think of something.
- Be sure to copy/paste the “Truth or Dare” section at the end of this post. It’s important to the challenge — so you better carefully read it!
- If you’ve haven’t been tagged, but you want to play along, you can totally jump on in and post responses to the tag on your blog.
1. You’re on your way to a birthday dinner that your friends have thrown for you. When you arrive, your favorite author is having dinner by himself or herself and asks you to sit with them, before you even see your friends or they see you. You have two choices: (1) You can sit with the author but can’t tell your friends that you’ve abandoned them for three hours, or (2) Meet your friends and lose the only chance you’ll ever have to talk with the author. Pick one or the other — no exceptions or communication to your friends to tell them about the author — and explain why.
Pshh. I’d choose the author. No question. Bye, friends! See ya in another life. But seriously, if they’re truly my friends they won’t be angry at me because a) it’s my favorite freaking author! b) it’s also my birthday. If they do end up having a problem with it, they can go find another friend.
wow that sounded harsh
2. You’ve got an opportunity to spend a few hours alone “in your bedroom” with a character from any book you’ve previously read. The character tells you that (s)he would like to lock the door and spend some alone time with you. What book and character is it, and do you decide to enter the room and lock the door, or tell them you aren’t interested?
What’s up with those quotation marks?? Is it my bedroom or not? Anywayyy this question is very… different than questions I usually answer.
Um – *clears throat* – if you mean what I think you mean, I’d have to decline. And I don’t even know who it would be…. how many of you could just pick one favorite character? Anyway. Yeah. That’s my answer. Thanks but no thanks.
3. If you could turn any male character from one of your favorite books into a female character (or change a female into a male) in the book or book series, which one and why?
Bahaha! Gender-swapping. I think it’d be interesting if The Raven Boys were actually Raven Girls. Okay, this is actually a better idea than I originally thought it was going to be! Is there fan-art of this??? There should be fan-art if there isn’t.
4. What blogger currently on your follower’s list (meaning they follow you too) do you admire the most and why?
Gahhh this is so hard!! I have so many blogger friends and I admire basically all of them! I’ll narrow this down to three that I can think of off the top of my head.
May @ Forever and Everly – How does she even juggle her real life and blogging and reading?? SHOW ME YOUR WAYS
Flavia @ Flavia the Bibliophile – I kind of see her as my outlet to Kpop and Kdramas. And I always have to read her blog posts first when I see them in my inbox.
Lia @ Lost in a Story – It’s no secret that Lia is one of my favorite bloggers. We’re good blogging friends and I admire her.
5. If you could change any one decision your favorite book character made, what would it be and why?
The thing is, my favorite book characters don’t make bad decisions. That’s why they’re my favorite haha!
But. Adam Parrish, dude. He’s not exactly the best decision maker if I remember correctly.
6. If you could pick 1 character from a book and 1 character from a TV show you watch (that is NOT based on a book) to be in a relationship together, who would you choose, and why?
Ha! What if Desi Lee from I Believe in a Thing Called Love was paired with a Kdrama character?? As hilarious as that would be, I don’t know who I would pair her with…
I honestly can’t think of any book characters to pair with TV characters… so can I skip?
7. It’s your last day on Earth. As you are about to cross that final finish line, a mysterious shadow appears, giving you a choice: (1) You can go move forward to whatever comes next for you [based on your own spiritual or religious beliefs], or (2) you can become a character in a book series and exist permanently doing whatever that author chooses to do with you in the book. Which do you choose, and if it’s option 2, reveal the book and author.
Well I’m not religious at all, so not the first one. Plus in the second one I can choose the author and book! I’d choose a contemporary author… either Rainbow Rowell or Sandhya Menon probably. They both write books with realistic relationships and I love their characters.
8. If you could steal a pet from someone in any book you’ve read, but had to replace it with a friend’s pet (meaning they wouldn’t ever see their pet again), would you do it? If so, explain the who and why.
What kind of monster do you make me out to be? I don’t want a pet from a book anyways because the only ones I can think of are the ones from Harry Potter (birds scare me, thus owls probably would too), dragons, and mythical creatures so… yeah. My friend can keep their pet.
9. If you could turn someone from your real life into a character from a book, who from your life, who in the book and why?
Haha! You really want the people in my life to hate me don’t you? I don’t really want to exchange any of the people in my life for book characters… I mean maybe my ‘friends’ for book characters I think I’d be good pals with. But besides that, I’m good.
10. Post a picture of the cover of a book you read in 2000 and the book you are currently reading now. (Note: if you weren’t alive in 2000, pick the first book you ever read and tell everyone what year it was from).
I was born in 2000… and I… don’t remember the first book I ever read. So I’ll just pick a book I remember from when I was younger and a book I’m currently reading.
11. Your favorite character (under 18) needs a place to stay for 3 months and asks you if (s)he could stay in your spare room (yes, you have one for the sake of this question). Who is it and what is the reason (s)he needs to stay with you?
Well… I’d be younger than them to start with haha. But for the sake of this question let’s say I’m not and that I have my own place with a spare room for them. The first person that comes to mind is Desi Lee from I Believe in a Thing Called Love. I think it’s cause I mentioned her earlier in this post but I’d definitely let her stay at my place. She’s clean and seems like a fun person to share a place with and we could binge Kdramas with each other. Maybe she’d need to stay with me while she goes to college and gathers enough money from her job before getting a place of her own?
12. If you could jump in and out of ONE book for the rest of your life but would get stuck in it forever if you changed a major event or revealed your true identity, would you risk it? If so, which book would go into and why? (Note: This is the question each person can change when they tag their own nominees)
I’m not stupid so I wouldn’t get caught or change any major events in the book, so I’d do it. Now the book I would jump into… hmm… I’d choose the Firebird series by Claudia Gray. Not only could I jump into that world, but if I got hold of the Firebird, I could jump into more worlds as well!
So I think now I make up a question for y’all to answer, so this next question, the people I tag are supposed to answer this one instead of number 12. I think.
12. If you could choose one book character to spend the day with anywhere in the real world or a fictional world, who would it be, where would you go, and what would you do?
TRUTH OR DARE:
If you choose not to accept the tag, you have to follow through on whatever dare the person who tags you chooses — for my nominees, if you choose not to do this tag, your dare is to name five books you find overrated and five you find underrated.
honestly i’m not strict you don’t have to do this tag or the dare if you don’t want to