So earlier today I saw a post on a blog I follow, Lost in a Story, and it was about The Book Blogger Awards, which I later found out (upon reading the post, of course) that it’s a Book Blogger Award hosted by Write Through The Night. You can click her blog name for more information, if you’re interested.
I decided that I wanted to take part in this because I want to both a) help spread the news around the book blogging community about this amazing idea and b) nominate some of my favorite bloggers for these awards! Without further ado, let’s get started! (Also, side note: if I don’t nominate you that doesn’t mean I don’t love your blog! It just means I had to narrow down my choices. I bet I’ll miss a ton of great bloggers!)
Genre Most Blogged About:
- Young Adult – I think you can all agree that this could go to most book bloggers out there since a large portion of us stick mainly within in YA genre, but I ended up going with Jaed from The Bibliphile Blogs.
- Romance – I don’t follow romance blogs typically as it’s not my preferred genre, but I nominate Jill from Rant and Rave About Books for this category since she’s basically the queen of all things romance-book related (she’s a newly published author as well!)
- Does a little bit of everything – The Bent Bookworm writes reviews for a very wide variety of genres, so if you’re ever looking for new books to read in genres you haven’t yet discovered, she’s your gal. (Did I really just use the word gal?)
The Best of Book Blogging:
- Best Book Reviews – This is the big one, isn’t it? Gosh this was so hard, but I’m going to have to choose two blogs for this one. The first blog I nominate is Happy Indulgence, which is such a cute blog run by three Aussie bloggers who each have such amazing reviews, they’re my go-to blog to read whenever I’m not sure if I should get a book or not. The other blogger I’ll be nominating for this is Aimal from Bookshelves & Paperbacks. Her reviews are so thought-provoking and reading her reviews has helped me on my journey to understanding the difference between correct and incorrect representation of mental illness, people of color, etc. in books.
- The Master of Weekly Features – This will no-doubt go to Flavia from Flavia the Bibliophile I don’t even know how she’s able to tackle so many weekly memes and all of her other blog posts.
- Best Bookish Discussions – If I’m being completely honest – don’t usually read discussion posts because most of the time I’m too lazy, but every time Drew from The Tattooed Book Geek posts a discussion post, I read it faster than new Harry Potter material. I love his snarky humor that he has and the way he expresses his feelings no matter what other people might think about it.
The Other Stuff:
- Most Engaged in the Community – This would have to be, without a doubt, Megan from Bookslayer Reads. Before I had followed her blog I always (and by always, I mean always) saw her comments and likes on other blogs I followed. She is so good at commenting on people’s posts and sharing others posts and I really appreciate what she does for everyone in this community.
- Blog Aesthetic – This one was probably the most difficult for me to choose because there are so many beautiful blogs! But some other people that I could’ve nominated for this category I chose for other categories so it all works out okay in the end. I ended up going with Ashleigh from A Frolic Through Fiction. I first found her on Instagram (her Instagram is so aesthetically pleasing as well) and then I visited her blog and I was sold just by the simplistic beauty of it.
- Most Full of Personality – I will be using my answer for a blog I literally just found out about from another blog’s nomination list (and it’s for the same category) and that is Forever and Everly. She writes her posts with such personality I’m honestly jealous. I feel like stiff cardboard compared to her.
- Best Friend Ever – I’ll be choosing two people for this one. I feel like we’re the golden trio or something. We always talk to one another individually but never as an actual group, and I didn’t even know they were blogger friends as well for the longest time. These two wonderful people are Debbie from Debbie’s Library and Lia from Lost in a Story. They’re both such amazing bloggers and friends and I feel so fortunate every time they comment on my posts because they’re both such wonderful people.
So that’s it! Those are my nominations and I’m so so so sorry if I didn’t nominate you. I can only nominate so many people, but I love you all! And don’t forget to get your nominations in before April 30th because that’s when the nominating ends! You don’t have to create your own entire post if you don’t feel like it, you can also just leave a comment on the original post of the creator (which I linked at the beginning of this post) letting her know what blogs you nominate!
If you yourself don’t want to nominate, please share either this post or the creator’s post in order to get the word around about this little book blogger awards! The more people participating, the better!