This is probably the most pink I’ll ever put on my blog. Anyway, February has come to an end, which means it’s time for the month of the Irish, which means my favorite color green will make an appearance or two. Anyway, I’m back with a monthly wrap-up, so let’s get started.
I actually bought a few books this month because a library nearby was having a huge book sale, an ARC I had won arrived, and I got two books as part of my English class in school (try and guess which ones those are).
I feel like I added less books on my TBR this month, but I don’t know…
- White Cat (Curse Workers, #1) by Holly Black
- More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera
- Snap to Grid: Stones of Bothynus Book 1 by D.K. Reed
- Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
- The Beast is an Animal by Peternelle van Arsdale
- Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
- Kings of the Wyld (The Band, #1) by Nicholas Eames
- Diary Girl by LK Thompson
- American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzie Lee
- Windwitch (The Witchlands, #2) by Susan Dennard
- Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman
- They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera
- Giant Days, Vol. 1 (Giant Days, #1) by John Allison
- Three Sides of a Heart: Stories about Love Triangles by Natalie C. Parker
- The Paper Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #1) by Charlie N. Holmberg
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books, #1) by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
- Range of Ghosts (Eternal Sky, #1) by Elizabeth Bear
- She’s Like a Rainbow by Eileen Colucci
- Noteworthy by Riley Redgate
- The Arrival by Shaun Tan
- The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis
- Revenge and the Wild by Michelle Modesto
- Persuasion by Jane Austen
That isn’t all that bad… I think it’s shorter than the past month’s.
Again, I don’t really have any obsessions for this month. I’ll be pulling at strings once again.
1. Bookstagram. Bookstagram pictures are just so stunning and spectacular. I mean seriously, I could sit and scroll through these beautiful pictures all day without getting bored. I get such bookshelf envy and I am lazy when it comes to Bookstagram because I literally just take a picture of the book where I’m currently sitting, in the reading position I’m in. And if the book I want to take a picture of isn’t near me I don’t even get up to take a picture of it, instead I just wait until later in the day when I end up being near the book. It’s just so aesthetically pleasing and instantly makes me feel calm.
2. Shadowhunters. I can’t think of any other ‘obsessions’ of mine during February, as the month went by in a sort of blur, but I have been enjoying Shadowhunters on Freeform this month. I think they’d really upped their game the past few episodes and I find myself excited for episodes every Monday. Next week’s episode will be the winter finale, and I know that Sebastian will be in the second half of this season, which I am so excited for! Here are a few of my favorite moments of season 2 in gifs.
I can’t think of a third one for this, so I’ll just keep it like this.
I only wrote one review this month. I haven’t gone to the theaters to watch anything in months so I don’t have anything for that, and I haven’t watched all that much TV (besides finishing season 2 of Daredevil). I might write reviews for Once Upon a Time again when it comes back on.
Top 5 Wednesday:
- Books to Get You Out of a Reading Slump
- Book Trends I’m Tired Of
- Current Favorites That Aren’t Books
Tags & Awards:
- Does Popularity Mean That I’ll Like It? Tag
- Who Am I? Tag
- The Valentine’s Day Tag!
- The Zombie Apocalypse Book Tag
Hype or Like Friday:
I participated in this month’s Hype or Like Friday much more than I did before.
I’ve started participating in daily prompts where I write something concerning the topic. I don’t partake in it every day, but I try and do it as often as I can.
- The Bad Book Project #7 | World Building (by Savannah) – Guest Post on another blog
I’ve been slightly getting into more of a groove on BookTube, though I’m still adjusting to speaking to a camera and editing videos. I put up some exciting stuff this month, so I would appreciate it if you checked it out! I will be uploading my March TBR and February Wrap-Up on there either sometime this week or next week, so look out for those! I also reached 34 subscribers, which is insane considering I’ve had my channel for less than a month. Thank you to all of y’all that have subscribed, it means the world to me.
After hosting a poll on Twitter, I decided that I’ll be uploading videos twice a week, on Tuesday and Thursday. It’s not concrete right now because I have so many videos I need to film and edit at the moment, but over time I’ll get in the groove of things and develop more of a schedule.
So that was my month in review! I also hit 200 followers on this blog, which is insane as well. You are all so amazing and I’m still baffled by how many people decided reading my posts and liking them and commenting on them was worth their time. It means a lot to me, really.
How was the month of love for you? February was also the shortest month so I’m surprised I got all of this stuff done, how about you? Did you get all of the books read that you wanted to? Let me know in the comments!