It’s Wednesday! This means it’s time for Top 5 Wednesday, a weekly meme created by Lainey @ Ginger Reads Lainey and now hosted by Sam @ Thoughts on Tomes. You can check out and join the Goodreads group here.
This week’s T5W topic is 2017 debut novels that I’m excited for. This means first releases by new up-and-coming authors being released in the year of 2017. This will be my first Top 5 Wednesday post of the year, so I’ll try and make it as interesting as possible.
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber. This book sounds like it’ll have a wonderful contrast to The Night Circus, a book you all know I have an unrequited love for, so of course I’m excited for it!
- Gilded Cage by Vic James. This book just sounds like it’ll be awesome. It takes place in London, there’s fantasy elements, and aristocrats, and the cover is beautiful as well.
- Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones. This sounds like a wonderful fantasy read and I can’t wait to dive into it in 2017.
- The Hidden Memory of Objects by Danielle Mages Amato. This seems like it would be a great contemporary mystery read, which isn’t typically what I reach for, but this year is all about branching out and trying new things.
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. Since this year is all about diverse reads, I chose this book to read because it’s about the black lives matter movement and racism and I think that’s an important topic to read about, and I haven’t really read any books that deal with racism much, so this book will for sure diversify my 2017 reading.
What’re some of the debut novels of 2017 that you’re looking forward to reading? Let me know in the comments!