It’s a new year, which means it’s time for setting new goals for ourselves and reminiscing over the events of the previous year. Overall, I think my 2016 was pretty good, although I didn’t meet my reading goals, or finish 10th Grade like I’d wanted to, I did start this blog, which has impacted me greatly. I didn’t get my permit for driving, either, but there’s always this year! I have a feeling that 2017 will be a good year for me, and hopefully, your year will be equally as good, if not better than mine. Now, let’s dissect my 2016 through books using the handy Goodreads Challenge results format. (Also, I apologize for the horrible quality, the screenshots on my laptop suck).
I’m pretty disappointed in myself for not completing my goal (especially since it’s a lot less than most other blogger’s), but I am proud of myself for finishing the last two books within two days of each other at the end of the year. Not completing this goal was mainly due to a reading slump I developed because of Carry On and Passenger, but finally ended when I read A Thousand Pieces of You, which was sadly, by that point, a few days before the end of the year.
Since I didn’t complete my 2016 reading goal, I’m keeping my 2017 Reading Challenge the same as last year’s. Hopefully I’ll read more this year, and won’t get in a slump.
My 2017 Resolutions:
So I made a list of 5 resolutions for this year (only two are book-related), and I thought I’d share them with y’all.
- Read 40 books. I know I can do this. I was close to reading 40 in 2016, and now 2017 is here, and I own way more books and I am finally out of my slump!
- Wake up on time by myself. I am the worst at waking up in the morning. My sister always has to wake me up, and even then, I always fall back asleep. This is mainly due to staying up late watching TV or YouTube, but now I’ll tell myself to go to sleep by 10:00, no later. Yes, I’ll implement a bed-time for myself.
- Get a thousand followers on my blog. Okay, this one is sort of book-related, but also not. I’m not one that really cares much about the amount of followers that I have, but I think I should have some sort of goal for my blog, so I did this. I think this is a completely reasonable goal, as I have already gotten 76 followers within just 2 months of being here on WordPress, and without any self-marketing. If I end up getting a Twitter and Instagram solely for this blog (which I am seriously considering), then it won’t be difficult at all. Once I had a Harry Potter fan-account on Instagram (which I still have, I believe…) and I got over 1,000 followers in a mere 6 months. So it is possible!
- Get driving license. See, it’s not like I’m a bad driver or I think I won’t pass the test, but I just haven’t gone through what I need to do in order to get my license. First, I know I need to get my permit, and then practice for a certain number of hours for 6 months and then I can test to get my actual license. I just haven’t done all of the research yet because I absolutely hate research of any shape or form.
- Complete the Travelling the Pages Reading Challenge. I’m participating in this challenge, which I will create an entire post about, including the books I’ll be reading for each ‘bingo’ square. Hopefully this will push me to read more diverse books in 2017.
What was your reading goal and resolutions for 2016? What’re your resolutions for 2017? Let me know in the comments!