Hello wonderful Christmas elves. Yes, you guys are my elves during the holiday season. Just kidding! You’re the presents. I’m back with a tag for y’all and it’s another Christmas-y tag because who doesn’t love Christmas tags? They’re the best and get me in the holiday mood even more than I already am. Today, I’m doing the Festive Christmas Book Tag and I was tagged by Abi @ What Makes a Good Book. You guys should check out her blog because she’s seriously underrated. Now, let’s get to the tag!
1. A fictional family you would like to spend Christmas dinner with.
The Weasley’s from Harry Potter, of course! They are such a tight-knit family who makes anybody feel at home. They’d definitely make me feel like part of the family and I bet Molly cooks the best Christmas dinner.
2. A bookish item you would like to receive as a gift.
These are some of my favorite bookmarks that I’ve found on Etsy and I would be so happy to get any of them as a gift.
3. A fictional character you think would make the perfect Christmas elf?
My first thought was Tyrion Lannister from the A Song of Ice and Fire series, but that’s only because he’s dwarf-sized. Instead, I went with Dobby from Harry Potter. I freaking love Dobby and he’s a literal elf so why not make him a Christmas elf? He’s very caring towards those he loves and that’s a perfect quality for a Christmas elf, I think.
4. Match a book to it’s perfect Christmas song.
Night by Elie Wiesel is the perfect match for Silent Night. Both songs are extremely sad and depressing but they’re the best match I could come up with.
5. Bah Humbag- a book or fictional character you’ve been disappointed in and should be put on the Naughty list.
((SPOILER FOR MOCKINGJAY)) It’s not Katniss that I’m disappointed in, it’s Gale and what he ended up doing to Katniss. He was the reason Prim died and if I remember correctly, he never contacted Katniss afterwards to check up on her and make sure she was okay. And, I was also kind of disappointed with the Mockingjay book (and movies as well).
6. A book or fictional character you think deserves more love and appreciation and deserves to be put on the Nice list.
A Step from Heaven by An Na is always me go-to underrated book that I recommend. It’s beautiful in every shape and form and is so underrated.
7. Red, green and gold: a book cover that has a wonderfully Christmas feel to it.
My True Love Gave to Me is a collection of Holiday stories so it’s only fitting for it to have a Christmas-y cover. There’s snow and scarves and Christmas trees to top it off!
8. A book or series you love so much that you want everyone to find it under their Christmas tree this year so they can read and love it too.
Harry Potter, of course! And I just found this edition of the series and aren’t they so beautiful? They’re certainly magical. I think any book lover would love to see this under their tree.
Debbie @ Debbie’s Library
Lena @ Bookfandom1001
Larkin @ Wonderfilled Reads
Britt @ Geronimo Reads
If anybody else wants to participate by doing this tag, feel free to! Just leave a link to your post in the comments below! And if I tagged you but you don’t want to do the tag, then that’s fine.