Hello bloggers and readers! As you can tell from the title of this post, I’m doing my first ever monthly wrap-up! A lot has been happening in my life this month, from Thanksgiving, to my blog, everything, really. Now it’s time to wrap it all up into one blog post for you guys to read! Now let’s get started.
This would normally just be the most recent 5 books I added to my Goodreads TBR pile, but I feel the strong urge to mention every book I added to my TBR pile on Goodreads during the entire month of November. This is going to be long…
- Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
- What Light by Jay Asher
- The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald
- The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries #1) by Meg Cabot
- Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies (Pottermore Presents, #1) by J.K. Rowling
- Seeker (Riders #2) by Veronica Rossi
- Red Rising (Red Rising #1) by Pierce Brown
- Divine Powers by Jillian Quinn (from Rant and Rave About Books!)
- Untitled (An Ember in the Ashes #3 and #4) by Sabaa Tahir
- The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves #1) by Roshani Chokshi
- Labyrinth Lost (Brooklyn Brujas #1) by Zoraida Córdova
- Fools Crow by James Welch
- The Problem With Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Corrupt Me by Jillian Quinn
- The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
- The Boys on the Rock by John Fox
- Inside The Maze Runner: The Guide to the Glade by James Dashner
- Hollow City (Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children #2) by Ransom Riggs
- Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber
- Malice (The Faithful and the Fallen, #1) by John Gwynne
- Dan and Phil Go Outside by Dan Howell and Phil Lester
- Wayfarer (Passenger #2) by Alexandra Bracken
- The Hearts We Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
- The Grace of Kings (The Dandelion Dynasty #1) by Ken Liu
- The Golem and the Jinni (The Golem and the Jinni, #1) by Helene Wecker
- The Death and Life of Zebulon Finch, Vol. 1: At the Edge of Empire by Daniel Kraus
- The Blue Jay by Michelle Schlicher
- American Gods (American Gods #1) by Neil Gaiman
- Warcross (Warcross #1) by Marie Lu
So I’m one of those people who really gets into things. If I love a book, I immerse myself in that book and I need to figure out everything there is to know about that book. That’s basically the same for everything else I get obsessed with. For each month I’ll list three of my current obsessions, so maybe we can obsess over those things together.
1. Dan and Phil. This started probably 1-2 months ago, really, but I’ve watched nearly all of their videos at this point and I own one of their two books. So I think I’ve reached the point of ‘obsession’. But I don’t ‘obsess’ over real people like I do with fictional people. I basically don’t stalk them like other people seem to do (check their social media accounts 24/7, run fan accounts dedicated to them, etc.) I just enjoy their videos and think they’re funny, entertaining people to watch. Also, if you haven’t noticed, or if you were wondering who those people in the gifs at the beginning of my Top 5 Wednesday posts, it’s Dan and Phil.
2. WordPress. I am so obsessed with checking my notifications on WordPress. I get emails notifying me if somebody commented on a post of mine or liked one of my comments, so I don’t have to constantly check my WordPress, but instead just glance over at my email tab (which is always open throughout the day as I do my school and work if you were curious about how I reply to your comments or read your posts so quickly).
3. Christmas Shopping. I love shopping for Christmas gifts (aside from the constant inner struggle of trying to decide on whether the person will like the gift I picked out for them or not) and this year I’ve found multiple things for everybody on my list and I found it all on Etsy. I’m proud of myself for finding all of these gifts because I genuinely think that everybody will love the gifts. I just love spreading Christmas cheer.
So there aren’t any new book reviews that I’ve written this month, but I am still converting the reviews from my Weebly blog, so those are actually new to a good portion of y’all and since I’m nearly done moving over all of my reviews from my old blog, there will be newly-written reviews for December! And also, all of my book reviews are from this month because that’s when I actually began posting stuff on this blog.
- This is Where it Ends
- Splintered (Splintered #1)
- Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2)
- The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1)
- Riders (Riders #1)
- The Raft
- The Night Circus
- Me Before You (Me Before You #1)
- The Martian
- The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave #2)
- The House on Mango Street
- The Heir (The Selection #4)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Harry Potter #8)
- A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2)
- City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5)
I’m proud of the TV and Movie reviews that I’ve written thus far. I’m quite harsh, though, but that’s just because I see flaws that other people seem to overlook or ignore. Overall, I’ve watched some good TV and movies this month (a lot where I haven’t written reviews for, mainly because I watch too much TV for my own good).
- Once Upon a Time: Season 6, Episode 8- I’ll Be Your Mirror
- Doctor Strange
- Once Upon a Time: Season 6, Episode 6- Dark Waters
Since I just started posting on this blog in late October, most of my posts have been written in the month of November, but I’m still going to list them for you just in case you missed some.
Top 5 Wednesday:
- Favorite Villains
- Favorite Publishers
- Characters You Used to Love But Don’t Anymore
- Most Misleading Synopses
Tags & Awards:
- Harry Potter Book Tag
- Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life Tag
- Thanksgiving Book Tag
- Recipe of Me Tag
- The Goodreads Book Tag
- I Dare You Book Tag
- The Winter Wonderland Tag
- The Secret Life of a Book Blogger Tag
- Creatures of the Night Book Tag
- Fall Bookish Bingo UPDATE
- 5 Ways to Get Out of a Reading Slump
- Book Blogger Blind Date: An Interview With a Fellow Book Blogger
So that’s it for this monthly wrap-up! And my first full month of blogging on WordPress! I think that this month has been very eventful and I’m proud of getting 48 followers on this blog. That’s a huge accomplishment and once I reach 50 followers I’ll be doing a Q&A post with questions that you ask me. I value every last one of you that take the time to not only read and like my posts, but those of you who comment as well.
Next month is bound to be even more fantastic, but there will also be less posts since I’m nearly done adding all of my reviews from my Weebly blog, as well as the tags. I am always trying to bring the best and unique content to this blog for your enjoyment and here’s to another month that’ll be just (if not more) great than this month!